- 1 fresh, sweet baguette, sliced in to 1/2″ slices on the diagonal
- 12 oz. thinly sliced wild smoked salmon
- 3 ripe avocados, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 large garlic cloves cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup +2 tablespoons Favolosa Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Hojiblanca will work nicely as well).
- pinch of sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Whisk two tablespoon of lemon juice with 1/3 cup of olive oil and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Add the thinly sliced onions and toss to coat and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium or heat a grill pan on the stove top over medium-high heat.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush both sides of each slice of bread with the Favolosa.
- Place the bread on the grill and toast until light golden brown and grill marks appear, flipping once during the process (take care not to burn the bread).
- While the bread is still very warm, rub the cut garlic clove over both sides of the bread slice.
- Allow the bread to cool completely, then begin layering by adding a slice of avocado.
- Brush the sliced avocado with a small amount of the onion-lemon-olive oil mixture, and a grind of fresh pepper.
- Add the smoked salmon, and top with a few slices of marinated onions and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately
Makes about 30 appetizers
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.