- ¼ cup garlic olive oil
- ¼ cup baklouti olive oil
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, from one lime, plus more if desired
- A few tablespoons of water if necessary
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Add the black beans, olive oil, salt, cumin, lime juice, water and cilantro to the blender.
- Blend until smooth (if you’re using a blender, you may need to stop and stir a few times to help it out).
- If the dip is too thick, add a bit of water or lime juice, little by little, to thin it out.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm, cold or room temperature with tortilla chips.
*The heat comes from the baklouti chili olive oil, so if you like it mild, replace with unflavored extra virgin olive oil or simply double the garlic olive oil used and omit baklouti.
Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.