Whether you fall into the brussels sprouts hater’s club or the brussels fan club, this recipe is for you. After much initial protesting, this recipe quickly turns brussels haters into converts and the fans just love them even more.
- 1 1/2 pounds small, fresh brussles sprouts, dried end trimmed, and cut in half
- 1/2 pound fresh Cremini mushrooms sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Mushroom-Sage olive oil (or olive oil of you choice such as lemon, garlic, UP EVOO, etc.)
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate balsamic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat a heavy-duty 12″ saute pan, add the olive oil.
- Add the shallot and saute over medium until translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and brussles sprouts and saute over medium-high heat until the mushrooms and brussles sprouts begin to caramelize (about 6 minutes).
- Add the 2 tablespoons of pomegranate balsamic to the pan stirring and scraping to de-glaze it. (Make sure to scrape up the browned bits of mushroom and shallot at the bottom while evenly coating the brussles sprouts).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.