- 2 (7-to 8-ounces) jars roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coarse fresh bread crumbs (from a baguette)
- 1 cup walnuts (4 ounces), toasted
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (picual, hojiblanca, arbequina)
- 2 tablespoons cayenne olive oil (optional for less heat use another olive oil)
- Purée roasted red peppers, bread crumbs, walnuts, vinegar, cumin, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor until almost smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending until incorporated.
This spread is delicious with crudite, crackers, or toasts.
Spread can be made 3 days ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.