Ingredients: For The Waffles
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Lemon Fused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients: For The Fresh Strawberry-Balsamic Compote
- 3 cups sliced, fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup Cara-Cara Orange-Vanilla White Balsamic
- 1 cup sugar
Directions: For the Compote
- Place the sugar and 1/2 cup of balsamic in a heavy duty 2+ quart sauce pan.
- Heat over medium, swirling occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the strawberries and cook at a simmer until the strawberries begin to lose shape and become a chunky sauce (about 8 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
Directions: For the Waffles
- Preheat a standard or Belgian waffle maker.
- Beat the eggs in large bowl with a mixer or by hand until fluffy.
- Beat in flour, milk, Lemon Fused Olive Oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Grease the preheated waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mix into the ready waffle maker.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with Strawberry Balsamic Compote and a dollop of yogurt or cream if desired.
Makes 8 standard size waffles
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods Blog.