These golden crisp-on-the-outside and creamy-cheesy on the inside savory snacks are absolutely mind blowing!
- 2 cups cold or room temperature mashed potatoes (preferably unseasoned)
- 1 cup bleached all purpose flour or 1/2 potato flour (starch)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large scallions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt (less for pre-seasoned mashed potatoes)
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional for serving)
- Heat the waffle maker.
- Meanwhile add all the ingredients to a large bowl including 1/2 of the scallions, and whisk thoroughly.
- Grease the hot waffle iron well.
- Add 1/3 cup for each waffle.
- Cook until golden brown on the inside, about 5 minutes per waffle.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, additional scallions, and hot sauce, if desired.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.