- 3 lbs. boneless chicken thighs cut into 2″ pieces
- 3 large onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 5 curry leaves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Baklouti Chili Fused Olive Oil (or infused olive oil or UP EVOO of choice)
- 1 tablespoon Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock – low sodium
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced serrano chilies – optional
- Heat Baklouti in a large heavy bottom dutch oven over medium flame.
- Add the mustard seed, cardamon, cumin seeds to pot.
- Stir until fragrant and the seeds begin to pop.
- Add curry leaves if using. Add finely chopped onions and cook until well browned, about 7-10 minutes
- Add the ginger, garam masala, turmeric and garlic olive oil to the pot stirring well until combined.
- Add chicken to the pot with tomatoes, stock, a cup of water, and honey ginger white balsamic.
- Add salt and pepper and allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes until the curry has reduced and thickened a bit.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve over steamed basmati rice with cilantro and thinly sliced serrano chilies as garnish.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.