- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup Balsamic – your choice (UP dark balsamic works best here)
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Baklouti Olive Oil, UP EVOO or any fused/infused olive oil of your choice
- 1 small white or yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (mild or spicy)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne (optional for lover’s of heat)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil of your choice in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire, molasses, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, mustard, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Transfer sauce to the jar of a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator for up to a month.
- This is great on everything – chicken, ribs, burgers, shoes. You can literally put it on anything!
Makes approximately 3 cups
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.