- 4 tablespoons Wild Mushroom & Sage infused Olive Oil
- 6 fresh sage leaves, cut in thin strips
- 2 oz. pancetta thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 12 oz. fresh pasta of choice, cooked al dente in salted water
- While your pasta cooks add the olive oil to a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sage leave strips (and pancetta if using).
- Fry for a couple of minutes until the sage and pancetta strips are crispy but not burnt.
- Add the lemon juice and whisk. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta but leave a fair amount of cooking water in the pasta.
- Add the wet pasta to the saute pan and return to heat tossing to coat and thicken the sauce.
- Test for seasoning, adding fresh ground pepper and additional salt if desired, and serve immediately.