Easy, light, savoury, and delicious… are just a few descriptors for this unusual but healthy take on pesto. Use it to highlight the versatility of UP Certified olive oil in everyday cooking. This spread is amazing on an array of foods or simply as a dip or spread. Think about layering this in lasagna, or adding a little vinegar or lemon juice to make an unusual, creamy “green goddess” dressing. Let your imagination be your guide.
- 2 cups shelled shelled edamame
- 1/3 cup toasted shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup UP certified olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino (optional)
- sea salt to taste
- Pulse all ingredients in your food processor or blender until creamy and thick.
- Can be refrigerated for up to 2 days tightly sealed or served immediately.
- Use as a spread for sandwiches, a dip, over “zoodles”, pasta, or with fresh veggies, crackers, or bread.
- This nutrient dense sauce/spread packs a nice dose of plant protein and phenols in one easy, tasty application.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.