Polenta is a hearty and amazingly delicious dish made from boiled cornmeal. What follows is a simple recipe that truly highlights fresh, UP Certified Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This recipe is a crowd pleaser that requires very few steps!
- 1 Cup Polenta style ground cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Organic California Koroneiki Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Olive Oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- Additional Garlic Olive Oil for finishing
- Bring 4 cups of lightly salted water to a boil in a medium sauce pot. Gradually add in 1 cup of polenta (cornmeal), and reduce heat to medium.
- While polenta is cooking, add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper to taste and the star of the show: 1 tablespoon of Organic California Koroneiki EVOO and two teaspoons of Garlic Olive Oil.
- Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally for approximately 20-25 minutes to create a smooth, creamy consistency.
- When finished cooking, ladle into bowls and and for the finishing touch, drizzle a bit of Garlic EVOO on top, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes (I used Marash Red Pepper flakes). If you don’t have Marash, normal red pepper flakes will be wonderful.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.