My spin on the classic “Huli-Huli” chicken. And, the best part is that this recipe doesn’t require firing up the grill. The results are amazing right out of the oven!
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup saba
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Blackberry Ginger Balsamic
- 1-2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1-2-more pieces ginger root, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 Tablespoons Baklouti Olive Oil
- Scallions for garnish
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks, wings, or cut up whole chicken
- Combine all the ingredients above except the scallions in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Reserve a few tablespoons of marinade. Pour over the chicken and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (or prepare a grill for indirect cooking)
- Line a large sheet pan with foil and top with a wire rack.
- Bake chicken until cooked through and skin is crispy about 45-50 minutes.
- About 20 minutes through the process, turn the chicken pieces so that they crisp up evenly.
- Brush with additional reserved sauce as they come out of the oven and sprinkle with sliced scallions.
- Serve with rice, grain or starch of your choice.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.