- 3 cups half & half
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons Vodka (optional – helps mitigate iciness)
4 large egg yolks
1 ½ cups heavy cream
1/3 cup Tea Rose Infused Olive Oil
1/3 cup dried food safe red rose petals
- Combine the half and half, salt and rose petals in a medium saucepan and bring to steaming over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. In the meantime whisk the sugar with the egg yolks until pale and creamy and well-combined
- Strain the rose petals from the half and half and return it to the saucepan. Add 1/2 cup of hot half & half to the egg yolks and stir until combined.
- Pour the tempered egg mixture into the saucepan and cook the custard, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 3 minutes). Turn off the heat and strain through a sieve into a large bowl. Add the vodka, Tea Rose Infused Olive Oil, and whisk to combine.
- Cover, and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your ice-cream maker model.
Re-posted from the Veronica Foods blog.